SCBIA CENTRAL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SCBIA CENTRAL

SCBIA CENTRAL

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is to present facts to the public that they may be unaware of. Here they can engage in intellectual dialogue with the developer, members, and those who visit. Seeking more KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH!!!

Chivalry and Honor are dead?

DirtyDave1906
    DirtyDave1906

Chivalry and Honor are dead?  Empty Chivalry and Honor are dead?

Post  DirtyDave1906 Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:14 am

I have recently start studying Bushidō , literally "the way of the warrior", is a Japanese word for the way of the samurai life, loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry. They say that chivalry is dead, I disagree it isn't taught anymore.   In feudal Japan, families were important. Honour was important too, as was status. Shame and dishonour affected the whole family. Families share genes. If one noble samurai lord became widely known to have done something shameful, this would affect the prospects of his whole family. His daughters would not marry so well. His brothers would have to work much harder to achieve any position of influence and power. Genes drive women to put a great deal of effort into finding the best mates, and men to seek to be as high status as possible, because high status men have more children (at least, before contraception they did). It seems logical, then, that genes might also drive us to police the behaviour of anyone whose behaviour might affect the chances of our finding good mates and reaching high status.*****DirtyDave1906 Note*****I know this is totally different from what I usually post, but the concept is still important which is family. In the Negro Community, family used to be important, but the dissolution of the family has led to a lost of valuable concepts. Chivalry and Honour are those concepts. Negroes are no longer taught to say, Yes Sir or Ma'am or No Sir or Ma'am! Why? I was taught that it was a sign of respect, but I hear very few kids use this phase today! Honor is something else that is lost. All that most Negro Parents could give their offspring was a good name.  A good name is far more valuable than money. In feudal Japan, if you dishonored your families name, the Father could kill the child. Wow, how many of us would still be alive if this was still going on? The question that I pose to you tonight is are these concepts of Chivalry and Honour dead? And if so, how do we we get them back?