SCBIA CENTRAL

This forum is to present facts to the public that they may be unaware of. Here they can engage in intellectual dialogue with the developer, members, and those who visit. Seeking more KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH!!!

Why Eating Clean is Good For You & Why Buying from a Local grocery store/farm market is better than the Big Supermarket

epitome1920

Why Eating Clean is Good For You & Why Buying from a Local grocery store/farm market is better than the Big Supermarket

Post  epitome1920 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am

FRUIT & VEGETABLES –If it falls from a tree, then it’s safe to say it’s a good option. The idea is to try and eat foods that have not been altered by humans in any way. Try and buy local from the nearest farmer’s market, this way you are guaranteed quality produce, along with supporting your local farmers!

LEAN MEATS –Meat is not our enemy. Lean meats are a fantastic source of protein, which creates lean muscle and keeps you feeling fuller for longer – BONUS! When buying meat, stick to lean, quality meats from your local butcher.

GRAINS –Think ‘whole’ grains. Things like brown rice, quinoa, rye breads and oatmeal are all good options. Steer clear of ‘white’ breads, pasta and rice – brown is best!

FEWER PACKAGED FOODS –Just because it claims to be healthy, doesn't mean it’s a good choice. Many packaged foods are a company’s advertisement, attempting to lure shoppers into buying their product. You will find that there are many hidden nasties in foods found in the supermarket that can negatively impact your health.

H20 IS THE WAY TO GO –Keep yourself hydrated all day long, and the best way to do that is good old fashioned water! Most drinks found in the supermarket are full of sugar, even some orange juice! The best option is to juice your own at home, so much better for you!

gdubbmx

Re: Why Eating Clean is Good For You & Why Buying from a Local grocery store/farm market is better than the Big Supermarket

Post  gdubbmx on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Very good post... Agreed 110%....

1_Nita

Re: Why Eating Clean is Good For You & Why Buying from a Local grocery store/farm market is better than the Big Supermarket

Post  1_Nita on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 am

I recently cut meat from my diet, and I thought hmmm lemme get some protein powder. I bought soy protein.
    Turns out soy is extremely bad for you. I researched this all day. I guess because I've never focused on a Vegetarian
    diet before soy was never even in my diet. But now I know, and want everybody to know you should never eat soy.
    Asian countries originally used it as fertilizer. Then had to ferment it for it to be consumable. There are no health benefits,
    It hurts your Heath.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:07 pm