SCBIA CENTRAL

This forum is to present facts to the public that they may be unaware of. Here they can engage in intellectual dialogue with the developer, members, and those who visit. Seeking more KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH!!!

Why does the media not report that the United States Postal Service is broke?

DirtyDave1906

Why does the media not report that the United States Postal Service is broke?

Post  DirtyDave1906 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Why doesn't the mainstream media reports that the US Postal Service is about to go belly up? Because it is not that type of story that sparks the wow factor. This story did not receive to much press last year because the media does not care to share that the Postal Service is losing about $25 million dollars a day. The Postal Service, an independent agency of government, does not receive tax dollars for its day-to-day operations but is subject to congressional control. The struggling U.S. Postal Service  reported a record loss of $15.9 billion on the year and forecast more red ink in 2013, capping a tumultuous year in which it was forced to default on billions in payments to avert bankruptcy. The mail agency has been hampered by congressional inaction on a postal overhaul bill that would allow it to eliminate Saturday mail delivery and reduce its $5 billion annual payment for future health benefits.******DirtyDave1906 Note****** Does anyone remember when working at the Post Office was considered a good job because of the benefits? Well the very benefits that it became known for are the very thing that is sucking it dry. When was the last time you actually wrote a letter and mailed it? Only if you were locked up or you were deployed are the only two occasions where I think that I would mail a physical letter or a card. So what is the solution to this crisis? I think it will be to privatize the USPS and make it like FedEx or UPS. The only problem with  that is USPS does more per day than both of these companies by volume. So a total reform of the entire Postal Service and the retirement package would be a viable solution to keep the USPS viable.
    hinesmama

Re: Why does the media not report that the United States Postal Service is broke?

Post  hinesmama on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:14 pm

This is a good topic. My husbands sister works for the USPS, and she says they are slave laborers there. She said there are more workers going crazy and threatening to shoot up the joint then what is actually reported. She said it happens often. If you are injured on the job there, you will have to come to work limping because federal workers comp ain't havin it.Its a crazy outlet that will probably go out of existence at some point. Love the movie The Postman though!
    DirtyDave1906

Re: Why does the media not report that the United States Postal Service is broke?

Post  DirtyDave1906 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Man, I remember when the Post Office was a good job! I just hate that these people might lose their jobs due to no fault of their own.
    GodlyMotivated

GOOD JOB

Post  GodlyMotivated on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:28 pm

i saw that you were under the impression it was just for IG. Well I think that sometimes getting to the point is sometimes just what they need. And you got strait to the point!! (dont agree with the 2 reasons for sending letters tho.)

Lovelace777

Post  Lovelace777 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 pm

I believe that another issue is how the postal office is more secure than email. With the government spying on our private. Conversations by email and social sites. The postal service is the one place personal information can be personal.
    Raspy Rawls
    Admin

Post  Raspy Rawls on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Dam, the hard working citizens are gonna get fukd over, because they cant get up off their asses and get along. We need to find out what is the main organization behind the outcry, and align ourselves with them..... @LoveLace777 Lol, I never thought about that. I'm grin at it thinking....Showl iz right lol

Post  epitome1920 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Godlymotivated wrote:i saw that you were under the impression it was just for IG. Well I think that sometimes getting to the point is sometimes just what they need. And you got strait to the point!! (dont agree with the 2 reasons for sending letters tho.)

Email is so convenient and fast that it will be difficult for the average person to go back to writing a letter or paying a bill via mail. Most people know they are being monitored but don't care. Just as long as they can have the convenience. I wonder what is the percentage of people buying stamps now versus 10 years ago?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm