SCBIA CENTRAL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SCBIA CENTRAL

SCBIA CENTRAL

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is to present facts to the public that they may be unaware of. Here they can engage in intellectual dialogue with the developer, members, and those who visit. Seeking more KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH!!!

Woodgas for Alternative Energy - Biomass Hydrogen Syngas Fuel

epitome1920
    epitome1920

Woodgas for Alternative Energy - Biomass Hydrogen Syngas Fuel Empty Woodgas for Alternative Energy - Biomass Hydrogen Syngas Fuel

Post  epitome1920 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 am

Being that I have a dad that lives "off the grid" he shares a lot of what he was taught in Vietnam to as many people as possible. So I wanted to share with everyone on here. He also have a couple of youtube videos as well as articles in the Chicago Tribune and other sites about alternative energy. I will post videos as well as the article at the end of this post.

According to Wikipedia, Wood gas is a syngas fuel which can be used as a fuel for furnaces, stoves and vehicles in place of petrol, diesel or other fuels. During the production process biomass or other carbon-containing materials are gasified within the oxygen-limited environment of a wood gas generator to produce hydrogen and carbon monoxide. These gases can then be burnt as a fuel within an oxygen rich environment to produce carbon dioxide, water and heat. In some gasifiers this process is preceded by pyrolysis, where the biomass or coal is first converted to char, releasing methane and tar rich in polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

The Wood Gasification Process

The gasification process in our Goliath and EKO boilers is divided into four stages:
    1.) The drying and release of wood gases inside the loading chamber begins with a slow, glowing process.

2.) The gas mixture is then burned with secondary air in the lower chamber at 2,200° F.

3.) Flame re-ignition and heat exchange take place in the boiler section of the system when ample combustion air is added.

4.) Combustion gases are ejected through the chimney flue. The best indicator of successful wood gasification is the lack of visible smoke exiting the chimney.

Biomass Gasification

Woodgas for Alternative Energy - Biomass Hydrogen Syngas Fuel What_i1

Efficient, Clean Combustion!

Woodgas for Alternative Energy - Biomass Hydrogen Syngas Fuel What_i2

Earth-Friendly Emissions!

Woodgas for Alternative Energy - Biomass Hydrogen Syngas Fuel What_i3

Youtube videos of my dad explaining how woodgas is produced

Articles of my dad about alternate energy

Gary IN man takes eco living to the extreme

2007 Energy Tour

Seattle Times Practicing what he preaches

Reference: http://www.stjosephky.com/what_is_wood-gas.htm